Ruminating On Rumi

As you start to walk out on the way, the way appears.

~ M. Rumi

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Facing The Fear; Awakening To The Truth

Late into the night and again awake in the earlier morning hours, self inquiry beckoned further.  At one waking, I woke to a shaking which mind thought was an earthquake but was a soul shake.

Stop and face it. Hold this fear up to your eyes and look at it. Examine what it tastes like, smells like, feels like, experience it, penetrating to the very core of being; the fear has obscured that sweetness that is truth. There in my hand, on my tongue, "I am not enough!" What simplicity in that! The very heart of the truth is that I, alone, am not enough. Stop searching for something or someone to make me feel enough, I embrace "not enoughness".

All my life has brought me to this and likely will again. But neither will I turn away nor will I seek to find enoughness anywhere other then where it is here right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment