Ruminating On Rumi

As you start to walk out on the way, the way appears.

~ M. Rumi

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Depression Speaks


I am the voice that can not, should not, 
will not, dare not be heard
I am the voice that cries out to be heard
I am the years that dare not be unfurled 
I am the tears that fill up the world. 
I am the shame, the guilt and the pain 


Listen, I am the pain body's voice
I'm not you, the true you does have a choice
Not words that can be spoken or words that can be heard 
A deeper, inner longing far beyond spoken word.
A knowing that depression is not really you 
But something that the pain body is going through
Turn in, face this depression that can not be named 
Inside, beautiful true you, not shamed nor blamed
Tend to the soul's garden with gentle, loving heed
There is beauty and truth in each flower and weed.
Let your tears be the rain that waters your healing seed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment