Ruminating On Rumi

As you start to walk out on the way, the way appears.

~ M. Rumi

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Life Itself

 `Earth is the place where choice & destiny meet.' Caroline Myss
























Today’s Angel Cards; willingness and commitment.

Both one word gentle reminders inviting me to participate in life.  Instead of being a spectator, truly engaging in what is present now. Being with.  We are buffeted by the winds of change, by challenges, by indifference, by choice. It is the difference between fate and destiny. 

As Caroline Myss says, “Fate is how your life unfolds when you let fear determine your choices. A path of destiny reveals itself to you, however, when you confront your fear and make conscious choices.”  When we are willing and committed to knowing that we are destined for greater goodness then the paltry ego can think, we can begin to allow the blessings of this existence unfold. 

I am willing to let go of past grievances.  I am willing to retrieve my spirit from where I have so heavily invested it in past sadness, shame, anger and grief.  I am willing to let go of a fairy tale ending and come back to this moment, all ways.

I am committed to shining a light of awareness on my thoughts, behaviour and judgement. I am committed to seeing each moment as an opportunity for practice carefully navigating away from the notion of perfection. 

Willingness and commitment invite grace. I could not word this better then Caroline Myss in “The Gift of Seven Extraordinary Days of Grace (Part 1)” *

“Grace comes in many expressions. It intervenes in raging arguments, calming your anger so that you do not say what you can never take back. Grace whispers thoughts of hope in desperate times, giving you the stamina to hold on through the storms of life. And grace delivers inspiration, awakening creative resources deep within your being. The power of grace is endless, silent, and powerful.”

When I glance back with the eyes of victim, I see that this being has been dealt some very difficult experiences.  Instead of celebrating the resilience of the spirit and the lessons these “gifts of grief” have given, I have wallowed in a pity party. When I truly acknowledge, that I was gifted with each and every difficulty, each one, a chance to grow compassion, expand beyond the sad stuff with choice breath by breath. Sure I have slipped and fallen, found myself in dark holes and scary places but grace has always been there.  Patiently waiting for me to take a hand, make peace, let go of control. 

I do not have a life, I am life itself; we all are.


No comments:

Post a Comment